Monday, January 9, 2012

3 NBA plays

Raptors -3 V T Wolves
---
The raptors are actually playing very well this year considering their talent level. They have been shitty as of late, but that was primarily due to tired legs, which came from some tough scheduling. Not only were the raptors playing many games in a row in their last 5. They played a few high paced teams back to back to back, including the knicks, magic, and then the surprisingly high scoring cavaliers.

The T wolves are going through a similar stretch. They are playing a back to back tonight, they are on the road, this is their 5th game in seven days, and they are playing a toronto team which is in a good position for a bounce back after having been embarrassed the other night. Toronto does not match up incredibly well with minnesota, but they can certainly score the rock, especially at home, and their up and down style will have the t wolves tired. The wolves play ZERO Defense as it is, and I think toronto takes this one in a close game, 101-96.


New Jersey +5.5 V Hawks
------
Hawks look very good this year dont they? Well I think personally this is a let down game for the hawks. Similar to last week when we took the suns vs portland, I see here that New Jersey desperately needs a win, and can keep this one close at the very least. Atlanta has defeated some of the leagues best and they are a very feared team at this juncture, but despite the mass love fest of Jeff Teague, I am not convinced quite yet by this lineup. I think Al Horford has problems against larger centers, I think Josh Smith shows up when he wants to, and frankly I am not impressed by Stackhouse, Pargo , or Radmanovich as the bench pieces, but I will say that Radmanovich has been excellent on offense of late.

That being said the last game these two played ATL won by 7. Now they are full of momentum and playing again, and the line is smaller. Take what you want from it, I think D. Will has 25 tonight.


Over 200.5 Knicks V Bobcats
-------

This one does not follow my normal system at all. But here is what I see.
I see the knicks having a mismatch with Augustin and Walker vs Douglas and Bibby at the point. I also see that fields and Henderson will score on one another. Neither Derrick Brown, nor matt Carrol has a prayer against Melo, so at some point henderson will be on melo and that will cause foul trouble for Brown when he guards the quicker fields.

Tyrus Thomas is athletic, but there is no way in Gods name he is going to hang with amare, banged up or not. Finally, Chandler is not going to have any trouble with Boris Diaw. But what the Cats may do is try to take chandler out of the game by leaving Diaw around the 3 point line. Which will open lanes and make NYK go small..

I know the line is dropping and thats not my style but I been doin well so I had to play this one the way I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment