Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SUPER TUESDAY

georgia Tech -2 V Northwestern
----
Northwestern can put up points, and they do have a 6-11 center who has a lot of promise and upside. But they are not very good on defense. Last year they beat the pants off of G tech out in Evanston, and I think this is a huge revenge game tonight. G tech will be exploring its options on offense, attempting to get more production out of their forward positions by going to the old Phoenix Suns 4 out 1 in offense. I think this will be good against Northwestern as they tend to be very poor at rotation and help D and this will force them to either spread the floor on d or give open shots to Glen Rice Jr. I think Tech wins this one.


Duke +7.5
--------
So am I a complete sucker? Maybe. I prefer to think of this as smart betting. There are three scenarios I see that are possible here tonight.
1) I am wrong and duke gets the doors blown off by an unproved Ohio St. Team
2.) Duke wins on the floor and the line movement never mattered (5-7.5)
3.) The line move mattered and Vegas splits the Ohio St. winning action between those who caught the game at 7 or below, and those who caught it above.

So in 2 of the 3 scenarios DUKE is the bet at this current line. So thats what I will take. I understand that Duke is mismatched down low, but perhaps their excellent coaching and player intellect will help get ohio state in foul trouble. As a baller I cant fade Duke in this one, especially because they are 3-4 ats so I wouldnt put it past the oddsmakers to make a false line and see who falls for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment